Chief Operations Officer
Pono Home is seeking an experienced executive to join our leadership team.
Office location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing general and administrative day-to-day operations
- Monitor monthly and quarterly goals and provide guidance and support to team members to ensure metrics are achieved
- Develop and execute business strategies aligning our three primary business segments–home efficiency, personal care products, and online engagement
- Manages and leads direct reports to ensure the delivery of outstanding products and services
- Drive employee engagement
- Drive quality improvement processes for continuous company growth
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in business or other related field from an accredited college or university.
- 5-8 years of leadership experience, including managing multiple direct reports
- Managerial / supervisory experience hiring, training, managing, coaching, and problem solving
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Docs
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Silicon Valley mindset and aloha style mannerisms
- High emotional intelligence (EQ)
- 2-3 years experience working directly in a clean tech startup or related ecosystem
- Connections in the Hawaii business community
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Driver’s license and a clean driving record
Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks
- Satisfactory completion of training and all required paperwork
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development & training
Full benefits and salary package commensurate with experience, plus performance incentives for company-wide achievements. Stock option and other equity ownership opportunities are available.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Pono Home
Pono Home is a sustainability-focused, Green America Certified green business focused on greening lives, homes and small businesses, with the mission of making sustainability accessible, easy, affordable, and convenient for all.
The company has three segments. The company started with home efficiency. In this part, Pono Home technicians audit a home with a 200+ point checklist to identify ways to reduce electricity and water usage, and then provide eco-upgrade installations, appliance maintenance, and education in a comprehensive home efficiency service to help people save money and live greener and healthier, for life!
Pono Home has a line of organic personal care products with a zero-waste packaging innovation. Find out more at PonoHomeEssentials.com.
The company also has an online media arm, with blogs, podcasts, YouTube channels, and more, with combined viewership totaling more than 7 million sets of eyes and ears per month.
Pono Home was selected for the Elemental Excelerator’s 2014 Go-To-Market track and the 2016 Demonstration Track, and was awarded the Just Innovation Prize to serve the East Palo Alto area in 2018. Since opening in 2014, the company has greened more than 10,000 homes across the Hawaiian islands. As of the end of 2018, the company’s work has resulted in the annual reduction of more than 12 million pounds of carbon dioxide emissions, along with more than 100 million gallons of water.