Pono Home Technician
Pono Home is seeking a technician to provide services within residential customer homes to improve energy efficiency, water efficiency, fuel efficiency, and indoor air quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and without assistance, as well as the ability to use power and other tools and reach tight spaces are critical requirements of this position.
- Communicate the process, tasks, and outcomes effectively with customers
- Attend meetings as appropriate and meet regularly with supervisors and project partners to exchange pertinent information and to receive supervision
- Use power and other tools to perform hardware installations on plumbing fixtures and light bulb replacements
- Interact appropriately with any and all customers, family members, care providers of residents, and project partners
- Educate clients one-on-one in a home setting
- Accurately use and derive readings from various cleantech auditing devices
- Maneuver tight and sometimes damp spaces with acuity sufficient to avoid accidents
- Assist with inventory and general maintenance of supplies, facilities and equipment
- Interact with clients in a confidential, and responsible manner maintaining a high level of ethical conduct
- Lack of debilitating allergic reaction to common household allergens, including but not limited to pet dander, dust mites, and other airborne allergens
- Lack of debilitating chemical sensitivity to chemical gases frequently found in homes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent plus two years of relevant paid or voluntary experience OR Associate degree required
- Flexibility to work any shift preferred
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in educating clients in daily living skills
- Observation and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and without ongoing supervision, including scheduling, and especially timeliness
- Potential willingness to use personal transportation in work capacity
- Knowledge of sustainability issues or related work experience would be beneficial
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Driver’s license, including clean driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifts and carries up to 50 pounds
- Safely loads and unloads cargo from work vehicle
- Climbs stairs and/or ladder and safely work on a ladder for brief periods
- Gets down on hands and knees
- Working hours rotate quickly
- Job duties are primarily provided in the residences of customers.
- Hourly at $15-17.50 per hour, depending on experience.
- Financial bonuses will be given for good performance and customer satisfaction
Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory reference and background investigation checks
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screening and completion of post-employment drug or alcohol tests upon reasonable suspicion of use
- Completion of new employee orientation and ALL required paperwork prior to reporting for work
- Completion of paid Pono Home training and satisfactory passing tests
- Attendance at all mandatory staff development & training
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed, to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are meant to be accurate reflections of the principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.